This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
MATERIALS SPECIALIST – FORT MCMURRAY
KBR is seeking a Materials Specialist to be based on a project site in Fort McMurray. Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for tracking activity related to assigned categories of construction materials. The scope of this responsibility includes recording material requirements,
· acquisition, and issues in the project material control systems. Also assists in the coordination of material availability.
· Liaise with the Materials department/Warehouse to ensure field requirements are being met.
· Liaise with client/owner Materials coordinator to expedite required client supplied material.
· Provide expediting reports to Construction Management team as required.
· Coordinate Material deliveries to field.
· Communicate as required to Material Manager status of daily progress and operation
· Under direct supervision, performs routine assignments as an entry level professional.
· Strong attention to detail in a fast paced work environment
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and problem solving skills
· Industry experience considered an asset
· Minimum of a high school diploma and 4 years or related experience.
· Strong MS Office skills required (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Familiar with materials tracking systems an asset.
This role is a 14 and 14 rotation working 10 hours per day. Travel and camp accommodations will be provided to non-local residents.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which include an RRSP/DCPP plan with company match, medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short term and long term disability, paid time off and a flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Interested applicants should submit their resume via our website: www.kbrjobs.com
How To Apply