This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
KBR Company Information
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction and services company, we support the energy, petrochemical, government services and civil infrastructure sectors on 6 continents. Serving our customers through six diverse business segments – Government & Infrastructure, Services, Upstream, Technology, Downstream and Ventures - we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects. Our clients value us because they know We Deliver.
With more than 40,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
You’ll go far with KBR. So make a difference in your career, your life and the world.
Technical Professional-Field Construction
Project scope includes skills and experience related to Forest Service Road construction and box culvert installation. Plant site construction consists of rough grading site preparation and heavy civil earthworks including rock drilling and blasting, aggregate production, large excavation and fill slopes, and layout of sites. MSE wall construction experiences a plus.
Duties & responsibilities include:
· Working alongside KBR Construction Superintendent reviewing, planning and writing the work scopes
· Liaising with the various engineering offices with respect to the design to resolve job site technical issues encountered during execution of the Site Prep phase of the project
· Reviewing drawings for completion. Assist job site in distribution of drawings, specifications, and all other technical documents
· Organizing RFI’s and NCR’s and interpreting drawings and specifications for job site queries, subcontractors RFI’s, QC NCR’s, etc.
· Ordering materials
· Filling in for the Superintendent when they are on rotation
· Provides job site liaison with home office engineering personnel, subcontractors and clients
· Reviewing the QC of the Contractor with regular inspections and audit activities
· Performing QA on the Contractor by assisting in definition, preparation and acceptance of the subcontractor’s turnover packages
· Reviewing the progress of Contractors working in their work areas
· Attending Contractor weekly meetings
· Working with Subcontract Manager in dealing with change orders, disputes and other contractual issues
This is a field position and will primarily be located out on the various job sites of the plant site, FSR road and camp site.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which include an RRSP/DCPP plan with company match, medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short term and long term disability, paid time off and a flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Typical requirements include a highschool diploma and a minimum of 7+ year’s experience. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Detail oriented and ability to effectively manage time within a fast paced environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume via our website: www.kbrjobs.com